Cryptocurrency CPA Firm – What is Cryptocurrency?

There’s a type of currency that businesses never physically touch. It’s virtual but spendable. It’s made of digital 1s and 0s instead of copper or paper. It’s cryptocurrency, and it’s growing in popularity. This increasing popularity means that if cryptocurrency isn’t part of your investment plans today, it very well may be in the future. Without knowing what it is and how it works, it is extremely difficult to make the correct decisions when investing in or utilizing cryptocurrency. As a Cryptocurrency CPA firm, we can assist in answering some of the more difficult questions that continue to come up for investors and business owners.

Read More »

Lowering Your Bitcoin Taxes

The price of Bitcoin is hitting all-time highs as more and more people flock to invest in it. Lots of investors are having massive gains and need to consider the hardest question about their investment: do I hold, buy, or sell now?

If you choose one of the former two options, you do not have to worry about bitcoin taxes yet. However, if you choose to sell, you will have the IRS looking at you since the sale is a taxable event. The good news is that you can lower your taxes by creating a strategy in advance. While you will have to pay taxes on selling your investment, you can lower your taxes by planning in advance. Here are some strategic options to let you keep more of those Bitcoin gains.

Read More »

How Biden’s Rescue Plan Might Impact Your Taxes

President Biden released his “American Rescue Plan” on January 14. It is a wish list of proposals he wants Congress to enact to address the COVID-19 pandemic and associated economic crisis. While some of the proposals are intended to be in effect for just one year, it isn’t too great a stretch of the imagination that these could later be extended or made permanent, as many of them have been on the Democrats’ agenda for some time. The anticipated cost of the American Rescue Plan, if all of the proposals are agreed to by Congress, is $1.9 trillion. None of Biden’s proposals are revenue raisers, and according to a January 15, 2021 Wall Street Journal report, he intends to use government borrowing to pay for his plan. Following are some of the tax-related proposals.

Read More »

Year-End Tax Planning Strategies

Annual year-end tax planning strategies will reflect the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects. This year’s economic impact and federal relief packages will render some year-end tax planning strategies less advisable. In addition, this presidential election could result in new federal tax legislation that could affect the current Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Below are a few year-end tax planning issues to consider.

Read More »

SOC 1 Type 1 or Type 2: Which is Right for You?

Which SOC 1 Report is Best for Your Business?

So, you have either been asked to get a SOC 1 Audit by a client, or your service organization could benefit from being certified. However, then the next question is, what report should you get? A SOC 1 Type 1 or Type 2 report can be used for a variety of industries. Knowing the differences between the two are vital.

Read More »

Payroll Tax Executive Order

Several weeks ago the President signed a payroll tax executive order to defer certain payroll taxes. Most of us expected Congress to agree on another stimulus bill that would supersede this executive order. Because there has been no agreement, the President’s executive order for a payroll tax deferral/holiday will take effect today (September 1st).

Read More »